Monday, December 16, 2013

Yolanda

What a name. Yolanda seems a sweet name but now it signify otherwise. I never knew anyone who has a name Yolanda. Oh! Maybe I did - we call her Yolly or Yolie or whatever. Maybe her name is Yolanda - I will never know now. She's our neighbor in Bicol (when I say neighbor in Bicol - that will be in a distance of about 2 kilometers from our house). I never had a chance to meet her again since decades ago. I wish to meet her again and maybe invite her to hear the words of God. 

Anyway, we have a lot of brethren who were affected by the current calamity brought by the strongest typhoon which battered South of Philippines. Some died, most of them got through the storm. Their homes are damaged, worst some of them are wiped out. People lost their loved ones, their businesses, their pets and a lot more. These are the events experienced by our beloved Brethren in those affected areas.

The good thing to hear is - the worship service after the typhoon, Brethren flocked to the house of worship to give thanks to God! That's the faith! They know things happen because God want people to rely on Him not on themselves. Let us always pray for them.

No comments: