Monday, September 29, 2014

Globe Cloud Drive

I don't understand why Globe will offer 15 pesos per month for 1gb cloud storage? 1gb is almost nothing. 1gb is way less than what Google, Dropbox and Amazon offer for FREE. I am using Dropbox to backup my pictures. Picture I've taken from my mobile phones is automatically uploaded. I set it to upload only over WIFI to preserve my 1gb per day mobile data traffic. I am using it for 2 years now and very satisfied.

I also have 15gb Amazon cloud drive and 15gb Google drive - all FREE! I have a CloudGoo application to monitor my usage. So, I would know how much percentage I already used for each of my drives. 

Maybe Globe can offer 5gb as free instead of 1gb for 15 pesos/month. Their customer will not bite it - not possible. They need a good marketing strategy to lure them to use their cloud drive instead of those that offer bigger space and proven platform.

Or maybe it's time for them to pay back what they overcharged to their subscribers - or better make text message 50 cents instead of 1 peso :).

No comments: