Monday, August 10, 2015

MRT Experience

I am one of the regular MRT commuter - an almost angry one :-).

I live in Quezon City, so instead of bringing my car to Makati where I work, I decided to park in Trinoma to save on fuel and avoid driving through traffic in Edsa or C5. Trinoma parking for the whole day is just 50 pesos way beyond 250 pesos that I will be paying if I parked in our office building! Big savings that I can use to buy something that I want. The only challenge is to keep being sane when riding the MRT. 10.30 am and you will still fighting your way to go inside one of poorly air-conditioned coaches. Simply a nightmare to old, pregnant and other people with special needs. Not changes to MRT except additional fare last year.

But I am becoming used to being harassed, swap sweat with my fellow passengers or trying to be alert to prevent being a victim of pickpockets. MRT is another world. It has cold and hot seasons - depends on the condition of the coach where you luckily or unluckily thrown or pushed by the people behind you. It sometimes rain even if it is not raining outside. And most disgusting is when you cross to Guadalupe bridge - that's where you know it is really another world. Try to ask regular passenger and you'll know.

I hope DOT will try to make riding MRT a pleasant one. Maybe they should try to work more on improving the MRT. I believed it can be done. Just a little more push to the people responsible and for the public not to stop complaining.

No comments: